During law school, Mr Kottaras received valuable training working as an intern for two civil court Judges. Upon graduating from law school, Mr. Kottaras began working with a local law firm, where he honed his litigation skills, mostly representing real estate developers and personal injury clients. Having become dissatisfied with the personal injury side of the firm’s practice, he decided to leave and open his own firm. Our Law Office first opened its doors in the Chicago-Loop (near Madison & LaSalle St.) in 1993, and has been in continuous operation ever since. In 1997, Mr. Kottaras became the general counsel for a local real estate developer and owner of several Chicago-Loop office/commercial buildings, where he further honed his skills in real estate leasing, litigation and transactional law. After the developer retired, Mr. Kottaras became a fully-independent practitioner. Since then, he has been providing clients with the most competent and insightful legal representation in eviction cases, real estate leasing and transactions and real estate-related litigation. Mr. Kottaras is also a licensed Managing Real Estate Broker and Title Agent for Chicago Title Insurance (CTI) and Professional National Title Insurance (PNTN) and has represented sellers and buyers in numerous closings in Chicago and throughout suburban Cook County, Illinois.
- 1986 B.A., Indiana University (Bloomington, IN)
- 1988 Law Clerk, Judge James Danikolas (Gary, IN)
- 1989 Law Clerk, Judge James Krajewski (Crown Point, IN)
- 1989 Juris Doctor, Valparaiso University (Valparaiso, IN)
- 1990 Admitted To Illinois State Bar
- 1990 Admitted To Us District Court, Northern District Of IL BAR
- 1989-93 Associate Attorney, Schlyer & Assoc, PC (Lemont, IL)
- 1993 Established Law Office Of James Kottaras, PC
- 1997 Licensed Real Estate Broker (IL & IN)
Chicago Bar Association (CBA) Lawyer Referral Service
American Association Of Retired Persons (AARP) Legal Services Network, Participating Attorney
Seak (Physician's Group) Lawyer Referral Service
Title Agent For Professional National Title Network (PNTN)
Title Agent For Chicago Title Insurance Company
President & CEO Of Agent Realty, Inc.